UKC

brimham and slipstones

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 jbb 04 Jan 2013
hi,
i'm thinking of heading up to brimham or slipstones tomorrow (saturday).
anyone got any ideas of what the conditions are likely to be?
 Jon Stewart 04 Jan 2013
In reply to jbb:

Slipstones will be absolutely fine - it always is. A few minutes after it stops raining it's dry except for a couple of lines on the whole crag. Faces into the sun and catches the breeze. And is the best bouldering crag in the country IMO.

Brimham is much more varied, but there'll be enough stuff dry (I hope so 'cause that's where I'm going) while lots will be disgusting.
OP jbb 04 Jan 2013
Thanks Jon!
I think we're going to opt for slipstones. i've never been thre but wanted to for a long time.
Thanks for the info.
 PontiusPirate 05 Jan 2013
In reply to jbb:

How did you chaps get on at your respective chosen venues?
Were the conditions ok?

Looks like the cloud base was reasonably high for the first time this week, and no drizzle.

PP.
 Jon Stewart 05 Jan 2013
In reply to PontiusPirate:

Brimham was damp and sh!t (as always, I ask myself after 3 unsatisfactory visits), drove to Almscliff and had a good day - . It may be thuggy and polished and crowded, but you can rely on it, eh?
 Urban5teve 05 Jan 2013
In reply to Jon Stewart: hey Jon. I'm assuming you are one of the guys I climbed with today at alms? Had a good day, cheers. Maybe next time we can try a crag less thugy!
 Jon Stewart 05 Jan 2013
In reply to smithers25: Eh that's me. That f^cking roof will go next time you know.
 Urban5teve 05 Jan 2013
In reply to Jon Stewart:

Haha, yeah next time. Definately!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...