/ Any advice on selling old (2003) MTB on internet?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Dave Todd - on 07 Jan 2013
Has anyone got any advice / experience (good or bad) on trying to sell an older MTB on-line?

I'd hoping / planning to sell my 2003 Orange Sub 5 in the very near future. Obviously it's old, but still a bit of classic (in a Marmite style - some love it, some hate it...) and in pretty good condition.

Anyone got any recommendation on specific sites to list it? Particularly sites with a bit of a 'retro / vintage' slant?

I'm a complete punter when it comes to on-line selling, so any other hints / tips / warnings would be welcome.

Thanks

Dave

MHutch - on 07 Jan 2013
Frank4short - on 07 Jan 2013
In reply to MHutch: Or possibly singletrackworld.com is another place you might get interest in it. Failing that eBay or maybe even here.
Denni on 07 Jan 2013
In reply to Dave Todd:

Is this you Dave?

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/fs-orange-sub-5-2003-16-frame-size

Was going to say singletrackworld
In reply to Denni:

Hi Denni

It is indeed! From my limited browsing I thought I'd put it on SingleTrack world as a 'starter for 10'. But I've been amazed how quickly ads get pushed off page 1 and into the wilderness of page 2 and beyond...

Presumably once they're off page 1 then they're unlikely to be seen?

In reply to MHutch:

Thanks...that looks just about 100% right...!

Any experiences with Retrobike yourself?
itsThere on 07 Jan 2013
In reply to Dave Todd: i got a 2003 sub 5 off pinkbike.com in 2011 and double your price for it fast. you can get more or i got ripped off. put it on for more
quirky - on 07 Jan 2013
In reply to Dave Todd: Hi. i have just sold a bike on retro bike. Impressed, thought i would get a few quid for it but turns out it was worth a lot more!! usual thing with any forum, some knobs who will offer you next to nothing but all in all, nice people and helpful and guy i sold mine to was a great chap.
In reply to quirky:

Cheers, that's just the sort of optimistic story I was hoping to hear...

RetroBike here I come...!
martinph78 on 07 Jan 2013
In reply to Denni:
> (In reply to Dave Todd)
>
> Is this you Dave?
>
> http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/fs-orange-sub-5-2003-16-frame-size
>
> Was going to say singletrackworld

If that was 18" I'd snap your hand off! I remember them, I was looking at them in 2002 but ended up building a ti hardatil. Nice bike, should sell quickly on STW

Han_3 - on 11 Jan 2013
In reply to Dave Todd:
Hi Dave, just seen your 16" bike...have you sold it yet? Would be keen to meet up and give you some cash (for the bike of course).
Hannah
ads.ukclimbing.com
Dave Todd - on 11 Jan 2013
In reply to Han_3:

Hi Hannah

Not sold yet (It's been on STW and RetroBike for a few days now). I'll send you a PM now.

Cheers

Dave

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.