Destinations forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - End of March - Sardinia or Turkey?

Blue Straggler - on 07 Jan 2013
Veering toward Sardinia to be honest, but thought I'd just put to the great unwashed...

Myself (6a+ - 6b on a good day) and a mate (6b -6c), both a bit rusty on sport, are looking to go out to the sunshine around the first half of the school Easter hols (he is a teacher so we have to go in school holiday time)

We'll probably have at least a couple more folk coming with us so should be OK to get an apartment in Sardinia (I heard the campsite at Cala Gonone is not that nice).

Just looking to see if anyone has been to BOTH, and could give us some pros and cons.
I have read a bit (via relevant UKC articles) about Climber's Garden and JoSiTo around Geyikbayiri, and have read Peter Herrold's piece on Sardinia.

I have sport climbed in Kalymnos, Istria, Languedoc-Roussillon and Buoux.

I am veering toward Sardinia partly because AFAIK Turkey can be saved for proper UK winter e.g. over New Year, whereas Sardinia needs to be done when it's a BIT more temperate.
Climbing partner thought there might be better campsite "craic" (his words!) in Turkey, but also liked the look of multipitch stuff in Sardinia.

I've looked at flight prices and logistics, there's not much in it so that's not a factor.

Let the deluge of conflicting opinions begin :-)

Thanks
... not showing 13 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums