Gear forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Harness choice

cuppatea on 07 Jan 2013
Sorry for the ramble!

I'm looking for a new harness, and would welcome help in narrowing the choice down to a short list of ones to try on.

I'm after one with a threadback buckle, not a ziplock speed buckle (call me a Luddite if you will).

I tried on a Black Diamond Momentum this afternoon in Go Outdoors, which would have been a bargain at a price matched 31.49 and was perfect to hang in. The problem is that in BD measurements I need a large waist and XL legs. I seem to be losing weight steadily doing the intermittent fasting so I have put the harness buying on hold for a while until I'm down to a more sensible weight and size.

I would have bought it but they were out of stock of the new style and the only large was a display model of the old version... but I figured it's better to buy a harness that definately fits even if it costs me a tenner more.

My old Petzl Guru still fits me well, and it's a medium. Most odd.

Thanks in advance for any wisdom.
... not showing 13 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums