UKC

Can anyone identify these rock shoes?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mhawk 08 Jan 2013
I have acquired a pair of Five Ten rock shoes but cannot identify them. They are not on the current five ten web page, as I believe they are an old pair (although, by the look of them, never used!)

They are slip on shoes, black, with a down turn toe, they look reasonably aggressive. There is a rubber cage over the top of the foot and a 'skull and cross bones' image printed on the heel. They use Stealth C4 rubber.

I will try and upload a link to a photo if I can work out exactly how to do that! Be great if someone could tell me which model they are, would like to read up on them.

Thanks in advance for any help recieved.
In reply to rampantchopper:

i can only think of about 4 with a similar combination...

all are 5.10, slippers and stealth c4.

5.10 moc
5.10 prima
5.10 anasazi slipper
5.10 copperhead

none of these are downturned or aggresive and i dont think any have the heel logo either or a rubber cage?

the only thing i can think of with a rubber cage is the mad rock mugen.

Ian Parsons 08 Jan 2013
In reply to rampantchopper:

Roksox - or something like?
In reply to Ian Parsons:
> (In reply to rampantchopper)
>
> Roksox - or something like?

Sounds about right, think they did a lace up and a slipper version

http://www.outdoorreview.com/cat/product-archives/outdoor-equipment/climbin...

OP mhawk 08 Jan 2013
In reply to yesbutnobutyesbut: Brilliant, thanks all for the help, it looks like a slip on version of the rock socks. Now to break them in at the wall!

Thanks again.
 climber34neil 08 Jan 2013
In reply to rampantchopper: defo rocksox, the originals were slippers, if my nerdyness is correct I think there was photos of Leo Holding wearing them on el cap in on the edge mag from summer of 1997 ish, the cover photo was a mock up of the classic photo of John long et al in the meadow in front of el cap!
 gear boy 09 Jan 2013
In reply to climber34neil:
> the cover photo was a mock up of the classic photo of John long et al in the meadow in front of el cap!

Which was printed back to front!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...