/ Hut to hut with via ferratta ? suggestions where ?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
sarahjk - on 12 Jan 2013
I am dreaming about summer holidays already !

I want to do a hut to hut trip, save on carrying a tent etc but still 'go' somewhere. Possibly solo, not sure yet Looking for up to 2 weeks in school holidays, late July and August.

I have looked at the classics such as Tour de Mont Blanc and like the idea but worried about how busy it will be if taking alternate passes, maybe a peak on the way.

My other idea is to do a bit of Via Ferratta on the route, keep it interesting etc ! But no idea where, altho I know there is some in Slovenia that may work.

Anyone got any route suggestions ?

Thanks
Scott_vzr on 12 Jan 2013
Cicerone do a guide for walking around the Dolomites and have hut details so you could link the via ferrata as you go.
redsonja - on 12 Jan 2013
In reply to sarahkeast: slovenia is fantasic- the mountains and via ferratas are amazing and there are lots of huts. you wont be disappointed im sure
Matt Amos - on 12 Jan 2013
In reply to sarahkeast: I'd second Slovenia. Been there once and planning to go in summer again. Take your bmc memebership, you can get discounts in the huts but I suppose that's true across Europe. Its meant to be a quieter in September in comparison to July and August.
sarahjk - on 13 Jan 2013
In reply to matta:

Anywhere other than Slovenia? I went there last summer, really enjoyed it, but fancy somewhere different.

No options on dates, has to be school holidays.
Paul at work - on 13 Jan 2013
In reply to sarahkeast:

Brenta region of the Dolomites, would be my suggestion then.
Rog Wilko on 13 Jan 2013
In reply to sarahkeast: Another vote for Brenta Dolomites. We did a four day tour there back last century. We were quite a lot younger then and easily managed two huts in a day mostly - lunch at one, bed at the next. There was some exciting stuff - we took and used a rope, small axe and crampons.Takes you to some fantastic spots.
redsonja - on 13 Jan 2013
In reply to sarahkeast: high tatra?
matsc on 14 Jan 2013
In reply to sarahkeast:
The traverse of the Brenta done North to South is excellent.
Fly to Venice, train to trento and bus to Madonna di Campiglio. Short telepherique ride up to first hut.
I would recommend taking a lightweight set of crampons or instep crampons for the two easy dry glacier sections.
Simon Caldwell - on 14 Jan 2013
In reply to Rog Wilko:
Another vote for the Brenta. If you take a rope then you can add in a summit or two.
ceri - on 14 Jan 2013
In reply to matta:
> (In reply to sarahkeast) I'd second Slovenia... Its meant to be a quieter in September in comparison to July and August.

Although be warned: we went in September and get several feet of early snow, which then froze solid, making finding the paths and not sliding off the mountains more interesting...
JohnnyW - on 14 Jan 2013
In reply to sarahkeast:

Another for the Boccette Way, Brenta. Can be made a s hard or easy as you choose. Very amenable and beautiful area. Love it
sarahjk - on 14 Jan 2013
In reply to matsc: Thanks, will check it out.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.