UKC

Best quickdraws to buy?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Jams 20 Jan 2013
Aright guys!

Just wondering if anybody has any recommendations on what quickdraws to buy? Doesn't matter if they're older quickdraws or a brand new release! Any recommendations would be helpful!

Oh and I personally prefer solid gates, not a great fan of wire gates!

Cheers!
 Boogs 20 Jan 2013
In reply to Jamesbryant:

For sport , trad , mountaineering ? some good buys here but be quick I would ; http://www.theepicentre.co.uk/sale#:page1:c221
OP Jams 20 Jan 2013
In reply to Jamesbryant: Oh and for sports guys!
 Boogs 20 Jan 2013
In reply to Jamesbryant:

I've got a few of those in Blue Stragglers link , nice draws bargain price. I've got 8 x Petzl spirits too expensive but nice fat slings on them . Thinking of adding some DMM Alphas to the rack when it warms up as well .
OP Jams 20 Jan 2013
In reply to boogie man: hmm im not keen on those camp ones, i was looking at more of the petzil spirits expresses?
 snoop6060 20 Jan 2013
In reply to Jamesbryant:

DMM alpha sport draws are probably what you want. The petzl spirits/express ones are as good (some would say better) but they ain't made in the UK. The new DMM ones are, and are real nice, chunky and surprisingly light. A touch cheaper too. These generally are the two proper sport draws of choice. Though I do still love my retro mambas.
OP Jams 20 Jan 2013
In reply to snoop6060: ah wicked, cheers pal!
 Blue Straggler 20 Jan 2013
In reply to boogie man:
> (In reply to Jamesbryant)
>
> I've got a few of those in Blue Stragglers link

Weirdly the individual price at the moment works out cheaper than their 5-pack deal!
Petzl Spirits seem to be the "connoisseur" choice for sports due to the broad extenders (so for scary redpointing you can click and "grab") but the Orbits aren't bad for this and (when on offer) are about 40% (or lower) of the price of Spirits, and I don't think there's really anything in between!
If price is immaterial then I guess Spirits are the ones to go for.
 Blue Straggler 20 Jan 2013
In reply to Jamesbryant:
> (In reply to boogie man) hmm im not keen on those camp ones

Fair enough but can I ask why? I think they handle quite nicely. But I am a cheapskate too so I guess I am biased toward them because I can buy them without guilt (I seem to like CAMP gear in general though)
 cuppatea 20 Jan 2013
In reply to Blue Straggler:

The Camp draws were on offer at GO for £26 for 5! But they wouldn't post.
The info I got was that they were to be discontinued.
In reply to Jamesbryant: One of the best deals currently on solid gate quickdraws is Black Diamond Positron 12cm quickdraws for £8.99 - http://www.theoutdoorshop.com/showPart.asp?part=PN20303

If you are certain you want 'fat' Petzl Express slings for sport climbing, then Rock & Run have them at £3 each http://www.rockrun.com/products/Petzl-Express-Quickdraw-Sling-11cm-%26-17cm...

The two above would give you great sport draws at £12 each (on less if you recoup some money selling the skinny slings on here or ebay).

That is still far cheaper than Petzl Spirit quickdraws or the latest DMM Alphas.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...