UKC

Arc'tryx paclite jacket

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 TobyA 05 Aug 2003
Has anyone got one of these and what do they think of it? Have been offered one at a total bargin price, but am wondering whether it is worth it or not. Would probably use it mainly for skiing, ski touring, ice climbing and the odd ramble in the British hills when I'm around.

Have any really sweaty gits tried the new paclite? I've heard about its increased breathability, but I've never been a big fan of goretex before because I sweat in a disgustingly profuse way even looking at a hill and have always found it nowhere near breathable enough.
ben b not logged on 05 Aug 2003
OP TobyA 06 Aug 2003
In reply to ben b not logged on: I have seen that report - but its not really an 'in action' review. I've seen lots of 'first look' reports that say "this jacket looks beautiful and is wonderfully made" but not many of saying "I climbed in it all season in the alps and its great except for X, Y and Z".

My mate has a lot of Arc'tryx gear and raves about it for cut, quality, thoughtful design etc etc but he is slim and small whilst I'm broad and errr... not slim, so I wonder what the fit is like etc. Cheers for your help anyway.
ben b not logged on again 06 Aug 2003
In reply to TobyA: True. You could drop Jon a line (editor@outdoorsmagic.com) and enquire how the longer term test is going. He's quite approachable...

The soft shell arc'teryx jackets I have tried have been a bit baggy around the underarms on me, and I'm scarcely a whippet. Give that they are so well fitted erywhere else I have to assume I'm a freak
kevneal 06 Aug 2003
In reply to ben b not logged on again: toby,

can you get another at a good price - would be interested..

cheers kev
OP TobyA 06 Aug 2003
In reply to kevneal: Nope, I'm afraid not. Have you tried one? Did you like it?
kev neal 06 Aug 2003
In reply to TobyA: no just tried on in the shop and i reackon i will use one this winter..

kev

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...