UKC

how many times can you resole a climbing shoe?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 foxjerk 25 Jan 2013
I've had a pair of perfectly fitting climbing shoes resoled once, and there are better than they ever were. Has anyone had a pair of shoes resoled more than once?
 tony 25 Jan 2013
In reply to foxjerk:

I had one pair redone three times and they were still fine - not quite good as new, but perfectly serviceable.
 CurlyStevo 25 Jan 2013
In reply to foxjerk:
I resole mine before the rand starts going and do it as many times as I can until they need reranded as I tend to find this effects the fit.
 Nigel Thomson 27 Jan 2013
In reply to foxjerk: I've had apair of Vectors replace three times along with toe patches but run them along side about another five pairs.
If you watch for bargains you can get a boot for the price of a resole but if you love what you've got...
kingofthering 27 Jan 2013
In reply to foxjerk:
Depends on the brand. In my experience, for example, la sportivas are not as long lasting as scarpas so the leather and all the rest of the shoe doesn´t last long enough for more than one resole. Five tens and scarpas are built more massive and i have some of them with the 3rd resole and they still don´t feel mushy. If the resoler does a good job. I always have to send them in to a resoler that does a great job. The one we have in town has no idea what he´s doing and if you let him resole your shoes it´s and expensive way of dumping your shoes.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...