/ how many times can you resole a climbing shoe?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
foxjerk - on 25 Jan 2013
I've had a pair of perfectly fitting climbing shoes resoled once, and there are better than they ever were. Has anyone had a pair of shoes resoled more than once?
tony on 25 Jan 2013
In reply to foxjerk:

I had one pair redone three times and they were still fine - not quite good as new, but perfectly serviceable.
CurlyStevo - on 25 Jan 2013
In reply to foxjerk:
I resole mine before the rand starts going and do it as many times as I can until they need reranded as I tend to find this effects the fit.
Nigel Thomson - on 27 Jan 2013
In reply to foxjerk: I've had apair of Vectors replace three times along with toe patches but run them along side about another five pairs.
If you watch for bargains you can get a boot for the price of a resole but if you love what you've got...
kingofthering on 27 Jan 2013
In reply to foxjerk:
Depends on the brand. In my experience, for example, la sportivas are not as long lasting as scarpas so the leather and all the rest of the shoe doesnīt last long enough for more than one resole. Five tens and scarpas are built more massive and i have some of them with the 3rd resole and they still donīt feel mushy. If the resoler does a good job. I always have to send them in to a resoler that does a great job. The one we have in town has no idea what heīs doing and if you let him resole your shoes itīs and expensive way of dumping your shoes.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.