UKC

lanyard clip for new nomic/ergo what size cord and knot

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 smithaldo 31 Jan 2013
Has anyone put cord through the hole in the pommels of the new nomic/ergo?

was wondering what size cord you used, 3 or 4mm?

and I assume then just do a couple of double fishermans to tie off the loop like what we used to do back in the day with hexes?

Dave Williams 31 Jan 2013
In reply to smithaldo:

Yes (either) and yes.

Once tied, I've secured my cord loop to the pommel below the hole using a small zip tie, covered with some insulating tape. Keeps it all neat and tidy. The knot on the loop is actually stuffed into the hole, which again keeps it all nicely out of the way.

HTH

Dave
 iksander 31 Jan 2013
In reply to Dave Williams: Trying to visulise what you've done. Are you talking about the hole in the pommel or the hole in the handle?
OP smithaldo 01 Feb 2013
In reply to Dave Williams: ah yes sorry Dave I meant the little hole drilled into the metal when you take the pommel off rather than the big hole in the handle.
 LucaC 01 Feb 2013
In reply to smithaldo: 4mm cord through the small loop hidden by the lower finger rest - take this off to get at it. Tied in an overhand and pulled tight.
 iksander 01 Feb 2013
In reply to smithaldo: I used 4mm cord through the little hole and double fisherman's knot, but I don't like it. The cord looks pinched by the pommel and the knot is bulky. I'm looking for something like a ~15cm sewn skinny sling to larksfoot through the big hole. Something low profile so it doesn't interfere with your grip, and short enough so it doesn't loop over the teeth of the pommel.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...