I'm trying to organise a mini-moon for April and am trying to decide between the Lake District or Morocco. N.B. This will not involve any climbing. My other half and I would be doing things like walking or maybe canoeing but also just relaxing.
The main thing putting me off Morocco is the flight. Not sure how reasonable it is. Also if we're based near Marrakesh then it doesn't seem like there are any "must-see" places near by.
- Mrs Gravity is keen to go.
- Interesting walking - Todra Gorge, Toubkhal
- Nice places - Essaouira
- £300 flights with EasyJet
- Marrakesh sounds busy and stressful due to sellers hassling you
- I haven't found any place that sound "really good" in Morocco
- Cheaper travel (potentially if we use self catering)
- Nice walking
- Less exotic/interesting than Morocco?
- More expensive food and accommodation
- Weather could be unreliable
What do people think? Would you prefer Morocco to the Lakes for a relaxing week?