UKC

Black Rocks chipping?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Offwidth 15 Feb 2013
Chatting to someone in the pub last night and they said they thought the bouldering block left of railway slab had signs of new damage. Anyone been up there recently to confirm?
 John Gresty 15 Feb 2013
In reply to Offwidth:
Walked past it last week, nothing glaringly obvious.
OP Offwidth 17 Feb 2013
In reply to John Gresty:

Finally got out today and sadly the vandalism turned out to be true. I'll try and post some pics at some stage. It's not extensive and may even have been crude attempts at hold improvement (footholds damaged). Also one hold damaged on Railway Slab.

Also went to Jackson Tor (Matlock Bank Quarry) and happened upon local hero Andy L. He showed us some nice lower grade stuff he'd done on the far left after giving the whole area a good spring clean. Almost T- shirt weather there today and problems and routes are in the best nick I've seen them. If you have never been go take a look.
 John Gresty 19 Feb 2013
In reply to Offwidth:
Had a better look today, yes some small damage, cannot imagine why, none will be of any major assistance.
Now if they had brushed/cleaned off all the moss from the right face of the left boulder I would be cheering rather than feeling annoyed.
 Jonny2vests 19 Feb 2013
In reply to Offwidth:

Looks like there's a phantom grit chipper operating in the white peak then.
 Michael Hood 19 Feb 2013
In reply to John Gresty:
> Now if they had brushed/cleaned off all the moss from the right face of the left boulder I would be cheering rather than feeling annoyed.

From experience, you only need to clear the actual holds from moss, as long as the rest is dryish, it can quite happily stay there whilst you're doing the right face. In the end it feels quite surprising that you've climbed where all that moss is

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...