UKC

NEW ROUTE CARD: Beinn Alligin traverse

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Beinn Dearg and Liathach from Beinn Alligin's highest Horn, 4 kbOne of the true jewels of the north west, Beinn Alligin gives a stunning scrambly horseshoe that takes in two Munros and some exciting ground on the famous Horns of Na Rathanan. The day proves less tricky than the traverse of nearby Liathach, but it's equal in quality and perhaps even better for views. With Torridon's incomparable mountains rising all around you, there can't be many better hill walks in Scotland.

6.33 miles, 10.19 km, 1,186m ascent, 6 hours. Gairloch

Read more at http://www.ukhillwalking.com/logbook/r/?i=591
 tony 25 Feb 2013
In reply to Dan Bailey - UKHillwalking.com:

I did it the opposite way round - clockwise, instead of anti-clockwise, and I remember thinking as I was descending below the Horns of Alligan that I wouldn't fancy that particular section in ascent. I also remember sticking too close to the edge of the saddle between the two main peaks and finding myself on the edge of the Eag Dubh and having to retrace my steps.

Terrific day out.
In reply to tony: If anything I think the Horns are easier when going clockwise (ie the reverse direction to the rote described here); most of the scrambling is done in ascent then

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...