Skiing forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - My Knee Hurts

Rob Exile Ward on 12 Mar 2013
Over Christmas went skiing at Les Arcs, had a blast but on the last day damaged my knee - it got progressively worse and after 8 hours on the train home I could barely stand, it was frigging agony. Went to the doc, he gave me some non-steroidal anti-inflamatories and it seemed to sort itself out OK, though there occasionally there would be a twinge.

Last week for no apparant reason it flared up again, swollen, aching, couldn't bend it etc. The problem is - we're off skiing again in a couple of weeks time. Now I will go to my GP again, at a guess he'll give my anti-ingflamattories etc, possibly even an injection, but should I be considering other things, e.g. these knee braces and so on? Also - I have sever tendonitis in my elbow, stopping my climbing at the moment - is this likely to be related?

Just looking for benefit of experience and some informed opinions, so thanks in advance.
... not showing 18 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums