Rock Destinations forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - First trip to Lake District

rtwilli4 - on 15 Mar 2013
I know I should search (I have looked around quite a bit) but I'm only looking for someone to point me in the right direction.

We're headed up to the Lake District for Easter. Will be driving up early Sunday morning and heading back home late Wednesday evening. I know, it will be crowded, but we'll deal with it.

We want to camp a few nights, possibly stay in a B&B one night but not sure yet. We are used to wild camping but would much rather car camp at an established site with facilities and maybe a pub. Something that will be enjoyable and relaxing, good location for the following:

Figure Sunday we'll just do a walk somewhere and try to eat a nice dinner. Maybe we'll have to make a booking for the meal since it is Easter?

Monday/Tuesday we'd like to climb. Wife can probably follow HVS but might have more fun on VS and HS. I wouldn't mind leading an E1 or E2 if I can do it w/o her having to follow - but I enjoy any new area so grades aren't important. We'd just like to do some nice routes in a classic location - 2-4 pitches but single pitch is OK. Exposure is fine but good belays are nice when I'm with the wife.

Wednesday we'll just do the tourist thing and check out the shops and whatnot.

So first I know I have to pick a general area. Where is best for great climbing (or walking if it decides to rain)? Any and all recommendations for food/camping/B&B/crags/routes etc are very much appreciated! Thanks!

... not showing 15 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums