UKC

FS: Scarpa Typhoon Freeride Boot with walk mode

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 PHILD 20 Mar 2013
premier post photo
Scarpa Typhoon, size 26.0, PRICE - £280 inc. postage
http://www.scarpa.co.uk/ski/typhoon/

Bought in a rush before a recent trip to Chamonix where I wanted a boot with a walk mode and touring sole unit but with good Freeride capabilities.
These boots are definitely more Freeride orientated but with the option for getting to more remote places with a greater degree of control and comfort!

Worn for ONE RUN and subsequent walk back to car!!!

I have issues with my feet with all footwear and ski boots are the worst. Standing in the shop they feel OK, but as soon as I ski with them (correct socks and footbeds being used), I am in crippling agony. These unfortunately were no exception!!
On the trip I ended up buying a pair of new boots from Snell Sports!

Liners haven't even been moulded but I know this will be a waste of time for myself as although they are very painful, they are too big. (I bought a half size up to try and alleviate some of the issues I normally get with ski boots but it didn't stop the pain plus there was now some movement!)
They are intuition liners so they will pack out a a lot and give a very good precise mould.

As you can see from the photo, the boots are in immaculate condition and come with a walking tongue (more flexible). I have more photos available on request.

Click pjdwyer@hotmail.co.uk if you would like to contact me directly.

Thanks for reading.

Phil
OP PHILD 24 Mar 2013
In reply to PHILD:
Price reduced to £250, absolute bargain as effectively band new.
 Tom Briggs 25 Mar 2013
In reply to PHILD:

I have a pair of these and love them.
OP PHILD 17 May 2013
In reply to PHILD:

Mountain Equipment Iceline 950 (LZ) - £250

I also have a Mountain Equipment Iceline sleeping bag going for £250 as I can no longer justify having it and could better use the money elsewhere!!

http://www.mountain-equipment.co.uk/the_gear/down_sleeping_bags/extreme/ice...

I have had it for approx a year and it is a little different from the current model, but I have used it only once last winter as it is just too warm for normal use and it is in excellent condition apart from a small tear in the outer fabric. When this tear happened, care was taken to ensure no down was lost and the tear has been repaired.

Photos available on request.

Any questions, give me a shout.

Cheers

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...