/ Reasonably priced softshell jacket.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Chay - on 23 Mar 2013
Hi Guys,

My softshell jackets are pretty tired now; in addition, I've lost a lot of weight so they don't fit very well anymore.

Anyway, I'm after a reasonably priced jacket (I'm a student so budget is tight). Mainly be used as an outer layer for climbing in spring/summer/autumn or in a layering system in the winter.

Must have velcro/fastening cuffs and be slim fitting.

Thanks for recommendations.
C
Nath93 - on 23 Mar 2013
In reply to Chay: When you say reasonably priced, do you mean less than 100 or could you stretch to a bit more ? If so then the ME Orbital is a great jacket and has all the features you ask for. A bit of searching online should get you one for around 130, or even less if you happen to be at either the small or very large end of the sizing spectrum.
Chay - on 23 Mar 2013
In reply to Nath93: Definitely less than 100.

I'm very small, often an XS which often saves me some cash. Not a chance I could stretch to 100+ though.

Thanks.
Chay - on 23 Mar 2013
In reply to Chay: Any experience of the Rab Sawtooth? Rab always have been a good investment for me, 55 online atm.
Andy_B39 - on 23 Mar 2013
In reply to Chay: Have a look at the new Montane alpine stretch jacket, nice and light, non membrane and rrp of 90.
martinph78 on 23 Mar 2013
In reply to Chay: Go Outdoors is your friend, quite a few softshells for around 30
Chay - on 23 Mar 2013
In reply to Andy_B39: I do like the look of that I must say; though price is more important and 90 is top end for me.

Thanks.
C
dale1968 - on 23 Mar 2013
In reply to Chay: North Face Durango
Chay - on 23 Mar 2013
In reply to Martin1978: Go outdoors have some decent looking "North Ridge" jackets, the spindrift model for example..any experience?
Nath93 - on 23 Mar 2013
Chay - on 23 Mar 2013
In reply to Nath93: That's an excellent price...definitely worth considering!
Nath93 - on 23 Mar 2013
In reply to Chay: I paid 120 for it because i couldn't get it in a medium anywhere for any less. For 70, its a steal !
BnB - on 23 Mar 2013
Yep fantastic price, that.

The ME is very durable and almost a hardshell, the Montane Alpine is much more comfortable to wear, very good stretch. Each has their advantages depending on the weather.
martinph78 on 23 Mar 2013
In reply to Chay: No experience, I don't like softshells to be honest Some of the regatta gear is pretty good for the price though.
rj_townsend on 23 Mar 2013
In reply to Chay: I've had the Bionassay jacket fro Decathlon for a few years - fantastic piece of kit. No velcro cuffs though, but for 50...

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/bionassay-softshell-mens-hiking-fleece-black-id_8189747.html
nniff - on 23 Mar 2013
In reply to Chay:

Mountain Warehouse are knocking out their own brand soft shells for 29 in a sale at the moment - They looked really quite reasonable
Chay - on 23 Mar 2013
In reply to nniff: They don't look bad, very cheap too!
ads.ukclimbing.com
jimjimjim on 23 Mar 2013
In reply to rj_townsend: 2nd decathalon gear. I've got loads of it. Love it.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.