Rock Destinations forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Skye wild camping and ridge traverse

MaryB on 23 Mar 2013
I'm planning a trip to Skye with a small group (6-8) in October, we'll be there about 10 days and plan to tackle the Cuillin Ridge traverse (or something equally exciting if the weather doesn't play ball) and kayak around the coast for 2 days. The rest of the time we're hoping to be climbing / hill-walking wherever the weather suits.

So, I'd appreciate advice from anyone on here ...

... firstly, can anyone recommend some stunning wild camping spots for a group of this size? (I've ear marked a couple of campsites and hopefully we'll be spending one night on the ridge and another on a beach but am looking to wild camp around the island the rest of the time.

... secondly, can anyone recommend an instructor to guide us on the ridge traverse? (we are all climbers of varying experiences, paddlers, skydivers and BASE jumpers so reasonably risk aware and competent physically and psychologically, and a good team, but as we don't know the terrain or its micro-conditions I'm planning on booking a guide for that part of our trip. I've found a few through research but would prefer to go with a recommendation)

I'd really appreciate any suggestions you may have

Many thanks, Mary
... not showing 16 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums