UKC

what to do when stuck in Kos for the night en-route to Kalymnos

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 ebdon 24 Mar 2013
Has any one got any tips for what to do if you miss the last ferry frm Kos to Kalymnos (we get in at 10:30 and i think the last ferry is 11:00) can you sleep at the airport?
Thanks
 Lew13 24 Mar 2013
In reply to ebdon:

Party?
 Heike 24 Mar 2013
In reply to ebdon:
That's the norm if you come from Scotland. You take bus/taxis to Kos beach (where the ferry goes) and then sit in bar for bit before going to sleep at the beach (there are sunloungers out usually if you are discreet. Duvet jacket and /or lightweight sleeping bag recommended. The other/ posh options (which I have never done) is t hire a room near the harbour for the few hours you are there. Plenty available.

Bus from the airport is dead cheap and only takes about 5 minutes longer then the taxi. Worth it.
 Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 24 Mar 2013
 Jones_88 24 Mar 2013
In reply to ebdon:
A bag of coke and 10 hookers.
 Phill Mitch 24 Mar 2013
In reply to ebdon: Looks great weather there at the moment but don't be fooled into sleeping on the beach, it's freezing. If you do take a hard core sleeping bag!
We were asked if we want a room after arriving at the harbour at midnight, we turned him down and spent a cold windy long night on the beach, feet in rooksac and rope wraped around us!
Take the room.
 Keith Hague 25 Mar 2013
In reply to Chris Craggs: Chris, do you know what time the earliest ferry during the week goes?

Thanks
 Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 25 Mar 2013
In reply to keffer:

8:05 according to Aris's website,

Chris
 Keith Hague 25 Mar 2013
In reply to Chris Craggs: cheers
OP ebdon 25 Mar 2013
In reply to ebdon:
Thanks all - that’s really helpful - I think it’s going to be a bit of a change to the UK weather at the moment!
 Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 25 Mar 2013
In reply to ebdon:

Not to panic you but it has been very windy today - not sure if the ferries were running!

Chris
 Chris the Tall 25 Mar 2013
In reply to Chris Craggs:

> PS Glorious at the mo!
>
Feel free to piss right off !!!!!

Wiley Coyote2 25 Mar 2013
In reply to Chris Craggs:
> (In reply to ebdon)

>
> PS Glorious at the mo!
>
As soon as I climb out of this snowdrift I'm organising a whip round to have you topped!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...