UKC

Pembroke Access

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Elfyn Jones 25 Mar 2013
Quick reminder that the first of the briefings for climbers wanting to climb in Range West will be this Friday (Good Friday - March 29th) at Castlemartin Army Camp at 9am prompt. Also there will be no firing at all on the Castlemartin Range from April 6th to April 21st - which means that all cliffs not subject to annual nesting bird restrictions will be accessible for climbing. More info on the BMC website :- http://www.thebmc.co.uk/pembroke-2013-dates

And of course for all up to date crag access check the BMC Regional Access Database - http://www.thebmc.co.uk/modules/RAD/Search.aspx?s=71&t=&r=34

Elfyn Jones
BMC Access & Conservation Officer (Wales)
 David Barlow 25 Mar 2013
In reply to Elfyn Jones:

I assume you've arranged lots of Pembroke unclimbed ice routes for us then?
OP Elfyn Jones 25 Mar 2013
In reply to Elfyn Jones:

David - Maybe a BMC organised winter climbing/dry tooling event at St Govan's......... ouch!

But realistically coldish, dry sunny weather could make Pembroke the place to be....no seepage and sheltered from the north and east winds, while waist deep avalanche conditions prevail in the hills....?
 David Barlow 25 Mar 2013
In reply to Elfyn Jones:

It might reduce the polish on a few routes - I'd be up for the Arrow
Removed User 25 Mar 2013
In reply to Elfyn Jones:

It may be of interest that the new Range West guide went off to the printers today (all 380 pages of it). Unfortunately it will not be out by mid April, but it certainly should be in June.
Removed User 25 Mar 2013
In reply to Removed UserJohn Willson:

I should have added that Pembroke North is already on sale!
 chrisallan 22 May 2013
In reply to Removed UserJohn Willson:

I'm heading down for a range west briefing this weekend. Will i be able to pick up a copy of the new guide anywhere?
 GridNorth 22 May 2013
In reply to Elfyn Jones: This is a little confusing. A new posting to alert us to an event that has already taken place. I believe that the next briefing is on Saturday 25th May is it not?
 chrisallan 22 May 2013
In reply to GridNorth:

Sorry, i only posted here after searching for and finding the post from John Willson regarding the new guide.

I will be going to the 25 may briefing.
Removed User 22 May 2013
In reply to chrisallan: In reply to chrisallan:

The first consignment (of Range West) arrived at Cordee this morning and will be going out to the shops next week.

However, if you are going to the briefing on Saturday (25 May) you should be able to buy one there from Paul Donnithorne.

John
In reply to Removed UserJohn Willson: Hi John. What's the cost and will Paul be able to apply CC discount for members or will they already be discounted. I assume these will have to be cash transactions.

Al
Removed User 22 May 2013
In reply to Gaston Rubberpants: Sorry Al, I can't answer those questions. Probably best to email Paul. He's in the book, of course.
In reply to Removed UserJohn Willson: Cheers John. I just posted on here because I thought the info would be useful to others. I'll e-mail Paul directly.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...