UKC

Kalymnos - a night in Kos

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Motown 26 Mar 2013
Arrive in Kos on a Saturday evening and need somwhere to stay before getting the ferry in the morning.

Heard there's nice places near the harbour. Can anyone recommend anywhere that's not too pricey? Also, what's the best form of transport from the airport?

Thank you.
 edinburgh_man 26 Mar 2013
In reply to Will Cat:

What time to you arrive? Last ferry is 10pm.

We stayed in Kos by the harbour last year, but on reflection we could have caught the 10pm ferry across. This year we are just going to head straight over.

Cheers
 Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 26 Mar 2013
In reply to Will Cat:

As far as I am aware the last ferry at this time of year is 19:45 (20:15 on Sunday).

From the airport a taxi is a pricey €15 (takes about 5 mins) or get the bus - not sure of the times.

For accommodation in Mastichari try daphne@mastihari-uncovered.com - it won't be dirty cheap for a single night but a lot better than kipping on the beach - especially as it pi55ed it down last night!

Chris
 edinburgh_man 26 Mar 2013
In reply to Chris Craggs:

Hi Chris,

The last ferry is 19.45 at the moment you're right. However, the 10pm ferry usually begins at the start of April. The official timetable isn't out until the end of March, but this has been the case in recent years at least.

Cheers
 Michael Porter 27 Mar 2013
In reply to Will Cat: My GF and two of our friends are in the same situation as you. I assume you are on the Easyjet flight from Gatwick landing at 8.30pm?

Could we charter a small boat if there was a few of us?? We originally assumed that we could make the last ferry at 10/10.30pm.

Michael
OP Motown 27 Mar 2013
In reply to Michael Porter:
> (In reply to Will Cat) My GF and two of our friends are in the same situation as you. I assume you are on the Easyjet flight from Gatwick landing at 8.30pm?
>
> Could we charter a small boat if there was a few of us?? We originally assumed that we could make the last ferry at 10/10.30pm.
>
> Michael

Correct about flight time. No idea about boat charter possibility - would consider that option. Have you booked anything on Kalymnos for that evening or just going to look around on arrival?
In reply to Will Cat: We had booked our apartment in Kaly (lambrinos studios) from saturday night so it looks like we might not make it there for the first night.

They emailed me today and were under the impression that the boat may well wait for the Easyjet flight?? Who knows?
In reply to Will Cat: Just had another email from the lady that owns the apartment we are staying in.

Apparently the Captain of the ferry "always" waits for the last flight.

Fingers crossed! or there will be lots of climbers looking for a place to sleep!!

Michael
 Chris Craggs Global Crag Moderator 27 Mar 2013
In reply to Michael Porter:

As I understand it, the ferry waits for the last flight from Athens (if it is late), not for flights from any where in Northern Europe.

Chris
 Michael Porter 07 Apr 2013
In reply to Will Cat: for everyone's info, looking back at old threads on kalymnos. We did make the last ferry from the flight mentioned above. Hope that's helpful.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...