Gear forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Paramo Aspira Jacket for Alpine Winter?

Frosty3006 - on 26 Mar 2013
Hi all, I'm after some advice on the Paramo Aspira Jacket/Smock for Alpine use (4000)

I have a couple of lighter Paramo garments and I enjoy the lose cut and style, but I am due to make the transition into Alpine conditions late this year, hopefully to make a winter ascent up something like the Eiger West Ridge with an experienced buddy of mine.

I'm used to UK conditions and also from a forces background, so I often get a bit 'scared' if all the technical cut pieces of clothing these days and don't mind the slight increase in weight etc.

I've been looking at the Aspira Jacket for some time and wondered if it would be a suitable working layer for such a trip as I mentioned. I heard people run hot in them, but hopefully the conditions will be slightly colder than maybe your normall UK winter I'm wondering if it would be suitable?
It is described as a breathable mountain jacket, but I've yet to see much in the way of reviews from mountain users other than hill walkers!

Advice please guys!

Also looking at getting a second hand one as I'm not silly enough to pay 280rrp!
... not showing 15 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums