UKC

Skiing in the Lake District. Whats good at the moment?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 jimhall 28 Mar 2013
Has anyone managed to go for a ski in all this snow yet? I was hoping to get over to the Lakes and ski something on Saturday. I'm up for suggestions. I don't mind climbing or long walks. I was thinking the Helvellyn area. But I'm after some more imaginative ideas. If it helps I don't have a touring setup. I will be carrying boots and skis.

Jim
 Gael Force 29 Mar 2013
In reply to jimhall: The snows going fast in the sun. Raise to Wythburn church was still good today, but probably not for much longer.
OP jimhall 29 Mar 2013
In reply to jimhall: Cheers mate. I'll head over and have have a look. If its not worth doing, at least iv still had a day out on the hills!
 Ron Kenyon 07 Apr 2013
In reply to jimhall:

Just skied down the Drycombe "Piste" today - from Bowscale (near Mungrisdale) walked up to Bowscale Tarn valley and skinned up to the top (Harsheisens required !) then skied down the valley to the left - Drycombe Gill (Piste) which you pass as you walk up - 300 metre descent - brilliant - and should be there for a few more days !
OP jimhall 08 Apr 2013
In reply to jimhall: Sounds a good day out! I was on Helvellyn on Saturday. Skied down the big gully next to Swiral Edge. Was very scary and a little out of my comfort zone but brilliant! I might have a go on your suggestion on Thursday if conditions are still good.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...