/ Skiing in the Lake District. Whats good at the moment?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
jimhall - on 28 Mar 2013
Has anyone managed to go for a ski in all this snow yet? I was hoping to get over to the Lakes and ski something on Saturday. I'm up for suggestions. I don't mind climbing or long walks. I was thinking the Helvellyn area. But I'm after some more imaginative ideas. If it helps I don't have a touring setup. I will be carrying boots and skis.

Jim
Gael Force - on 29 Mar 2013
In reply to jimhall: The snows going fast in the sun. Raise to Wythburn church was still good today, but probably not for much longer.
jimhall - on 29 Mar 2013
In reply to jimhall: Cheers mate. I'll head over and have have a look. If its not worth doing, at least iv still had a day out on the hills!
Ron Kenyon - on 07 Apr 2013
In reply to jimhall:

Just skied down the Drycombe "Piste" today - from Bowscale (near Mungrisdale) walked up to Bowscale Tarn valley and skinned up to the top (Harsheisens required !) then skied down the valley to the left - Drycombe Gill (Piste) which you pass as you walk up - 300 metre descent - brilliant - and should be there for a few more days !
jimhall - on 08 Apr 2013
In reply to jimhall: Sounds a good day out! I was on Helvellyn on Saturday. Skied down the big gully next to Swiral Edge. Was very scary and a little out of my comfort zone but brilliant! I might have a go on your suggestion on Thursday if conditions are still good.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.