UKC

Five Ten Anasazi VCS Stretch?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 craig1983 30 Mar 2013
Just bought a pair of Anasazi VCS with the intention of using them as smearing slab shoes (Font secret weapons!). I tried a 9.5 on in the shops and they felt ideal...tight, but with enough flexibility in the toe to maximise surface contact on a slab.

The guy in the shop said that he owns a pair and that they've stretched alot so I took a punt on a half size down from someone on UKC.

Whats everyones experience with stretch in their Anasazis? And should I just have gone for the 9.5 that felt good new from the box??

Cheers!
 joshen 30 Mar 2013
In reply to craig1983: yeah i'd say they'll stretch about a size before they go through. i've had about 5 pairs now, i always start off slightly uncomfortable bare foot in them and end up comfortable wearing socks. although for smearing shoes i perhaps would have gone the half size bigger, as it's harder to smear with toes curled up.
 saz_b 30 Mar 2013
In reply to craig1983: I agree, I went from toes curled and callouses forming on day one to toes flat and smearable. they give about 1/2 size

BUT it takes a while! I think I remember the label on the box suggesting "fully stretched 1/3 size in about 10 routes". In my experience (only 3 pairs), that's more like 10 * 10 50m multipitches!
 doug5_10 30 Mar 2013
In reply to craig1983: They do stretch a bit, probably half size in my experience, mainly the rands bagging out. I could wear my VCS straight out the box for hours even with my toes bunched. Both my VCS and ancient re-soled Verdes still have the classic 'toe-knuckle' bumps in the uppers and are as comfy as ever. After a month or two once the edges are rounded and the rubber broken in, they are the perfect smearing shoes
 JakeWShaw 30 Mar 2013
In reply to craig1983:

I was told the same thing about going half a size smaller than what I initially tried on and I would say they have probably stretched about half a size since then and are now much more comfortable.

They should also stretch more the tighter they are as you're putting more pressure on the material if they're tight.
OP craig1983 30 Mar 2013
In reply to craig1983:

Thanks guys.

I've put them up for sale on ukc in case they're the perfect size for someone.

I think if I was looking for a super aggressive feel then I'd stick with them until they stretch, but I'm really looking for these to be a more comfortable shoe so I'm gonna up size to a 9.5!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...