/ Five Ten Anasazi VCS Stretch?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
craig1983 - on 30 Mar 2013
Just bought a pair of Anasazi VCS with the intention of using them as smearing slab shoes (Font secret weapons!). I tried a 9.5 on in the shops and they felt ideal...tight, but with enough flexibility in the toe to maximise surface contact on a slab.

The guy in the shop said that he owns a pair and that they've stretched alot so I took a punt on a half size down from someone on UKC.

Whats everyones experience with stretch in their Anasazis? And should I just have gone for the 9.5 that felt good new from the box??

Cheers!
joshen - on 30 Mar 2013
In reply to craig1983: yeah i'd say they'll stretch about a size before they go through. i've had about 5 pairs now, i always start off slightly uncomfortable bare foot in them and end up comfortable wearing socks. although for smearing shoes i perhaps would have gone the half size bigger, as it's harder to smear with toes curled up.
saz_b - on 30 Mar 2013
In reply to craig1983: I agree, I went from toes curled and callouses forming on day one to toes flat and smearable. they give about 1/2 size

BUT it takes a while! I think I remember the label on the box suggesting "fully stretched 1/3 size in about 10 routes". In my experience (only 3 pairs), that's more like 10 * 10 50m multipitches!
doug5_10 - on 30 Mar 2013
In reply to craig1983: They do stretch a bit, probably half size in my experience, mainly the rands bagging out. I could wear my VCS straight out the box for hours even with my toes bunched. Both my VCS and ancient re-soled Verdes still have the classic 'toe-knuckle' bumps in the uppers and are as comfy as ever. After a month or two once the edges are rounded and the rubber broken in, they are the perfect smearing shoes
JakeWShaw on 30 Mar 2013
In reply to craig1983:

I was told the same thing about going half a size smaller than what I initially tried on and I would say they have probably stretched about half a size since then and are now much more comfortable.

They should also stretch more the tighter they are as you're putting more pressure on the material if they're tight.
craig1983 - on 30 Mar 2013
In reply to craig1983:

Thanks guys.

I've put them up for sale on ukc in case they're the perfect size for someone.

I think if I was looking for a super aggressive feel then I'd stick with them until they stretch, but I'm really looking for these to be a more comfortable shoe so I'm gonna up size to a 9.5!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.