UKC

ME jacket choices

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 due 06 Apr 2013
I wear an ME Morpheus for work and quite fancy one for myself. Looking around the sales however it seems some of the fancier Pro Shell jackets are still only in the £220 range. The Kamchatka in particular has caught my eye and seems like it might be a bit burlier. Are they all cut similarly? The Morpheus is perhaps a tad short but by no means the worst offender I've encountered.
 Gordonbp 06 Apr 2013
In reply to due: I was going to get either a Morpheus or a RAB Latok. They were both cut about the same but the Morpheus hood was quite a tight fit over the top of my helmet so I chose the RAB which was not.

You might be interested in the ME Kalanka which Go Outdoors are currently selling at £185 down from £360....
http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/mountain-equipment-kalanka-mens-waterproof-jack...
 Cameron94 06 Apr 2013
In reply to due: It's the kamatcha that I have, it's got a pretty slim fit I would say. Much tighter than the Morpheus on me across the chest and the sleeves. Other than that it's brilliant.
OP due 06 Apr 2013
In reply to Cameron94:

Cheers, I might give the Kamchatka a punt in that case. The Morpheus will always be a plan B if needed.
 Darkskys 06 Apr 2013
In reply to due: have you thought about the Kalanka, it's an amazing jacket

Wrote a wee review of it here...http://mountevz.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/mountain-equipment-kalanka.html?m=1
 Darkskys 06 Apr 2013
In reply to due: only £220 in some places
OP due 06 Apr 2013
In reply to Darkskys:

Had a look but can't find the Kalanka for much less than £300 unfortunately. £220 is about my limit which is what I've found either the Kamchatka or Tupilak for
OP due 06 Apr 2013
In reply to Darkskys:

Large, but not in Norwich
 Darkskys 06 Apr 2013
In reply to due: ahh that old one. If you we're that interested, you could try a price match somewhere?
 StuDoig 07 Apr 2013
In reply to due:
I found the hood on the morpheus too small for wearing with a helmet - I ended up buying a Ogre which I found had a good cut once adjusted and a spacious enough hood. The hood on the Kamchatka was better still, but I prefer to have storm flaps on zips and no pit zips, hence the Ogre. I've been very happy with the Ogre this winter - seems pretty hard wearing and is a good length (I don't like the shorter "technical" cuts a lot of brands are going for).

Cheers!

Stuart
OP due 07 Apr 2013
In reply to StuDoig:

Good stuff, I'll keep the Ogre in mind too. I tried the Kongur and just found it baggy but no longer in the body so that narrows it down further. With regards to 'technical' cuts, £370 Arcteryx Beta barely even reached my belt!
 BnB 07 Apr 2013
In reply to due:
> (In reply to StuDoig)
>
> Good stuff, I'll keep the Ogre in mind too. I tried the Kongur and just found it baggy but no longer in the body so that narrows it down further. With regards to 'technical' cuts, £370 Arcteryx Beta barely even reached my belt!

That's because, at Arcteryx prices, £370 only gets you 3/4 of a jacket.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...