UKC

Sicily guidebook and advice

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 maybe_si 16 Apr 2013

I'm toying with the idea of heading to Sicily around September time, does anyone have a guidebook they dont want/need?

Also does anyone have any suggestions for decent cheap places to stay? It will just be me and my girlfriend so ideally some sort of self catering room/small appartment type thing?

Crag suggestions are also most welcome, preferably with plenty of 5-6a+ and 6c-7b

Cheers

Simon
 scott titt 16 Apr 2013
In reply to maybe_si:
Going to be hot in September (too hot for me). Go to San Vito lo Capo (all the grades you want) and stay in a bungalow at El Bahira or in a small apt in town (any number of those).
OP maybe_si 16 Apr 2013
In reply to scott titt:

Its probably going to be end of September/start of October, still too hot do you think? Would it be any different to Spain around that time?

Which book is best?

Cheers
 scott titt 16 Apr 2013
In reply to maybe_si:
Getting better (cooler) by the day at that time of year. If going to stay in San Vito town avoid the Cous Cous festival (finishes 29 Sept, busy and high demand for apts). There are some shady crags, and it is easy to take a siesta and climb in the evening (crags are very accessible) The sea is lovely as is the El Bahira pool!
Guidebook-for just San Vito, Gebro Verlag, for all Sicily, Versante Sud.
As for a comparison with Spain, Spain is a big country with a wide range of climatic range!
 Heike 16 Apr 2013
In reply to maybe_si:

We camped, loads of places available and there are numerous crags higher up that might be suitable, too.

Guidebook: Di Rocca di Sole, Climbing in Sicily (with english).

There is great stuff all over.

I'd say it's equally hot in Spain then and on Sicily you might be likely to catch a cooling breeze it being an island.
 papashango 16 Apr 2013
In reply to maybe_si:

The guide book just for San Vito (the yellow one) is much better than the Rocca di sol (grey/black cover) guide. And it's cheaper! If you're only going to San Vito definitely get that one.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...