/ climbing rope, i mean washing line anyone?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
highclimber - on 17 Apr 2013
just stumbled across this on ebay and made me giggle that someone has actually bid on it. no info apart from a picture that looks like a washing line you can buy from Poundland!

http://bit.ly/ZAdhf4
wiwwim - on 17 Apr 2013
In reply to highclimber: I always look at the other items from seller page before considering buying something like that (?), and in this case I think I would be weary.
Neil Williams - on 17 Apr 2013
In reply to highclimber:

Looks like a static line, but similarly I wouldn't go near it (unless I wanted knotting ropes for the Scouts or something).

Neil
LJC - on 17 Apr 2013
In reply to highclimber: On the other hand, I have some 8.6 half rope which makes a great washing line on trips, when you have to dry out tents and haul bags because the campsite has been washed away.
Neil Williams - on 17 Apr 2013
In reply to LJC:

I use an old 60m static for hanging wet Patrol tents to dry in the Scout hut...

Neil
ads.ukclimbing.com
I never washed my rope, but:
1) I store it in a pop-up bin IKEA-like, both at the crag and at home, so it picks up very little dust
2) When lowering off I always grab the braking end of the rope with a cloth, thus I somehow clean it in the process and avoid burning my hand by accident (I stopped using my Petzl leather gloves... another story)

Yes, I do look like a freak at the crag, but my Sterling Velocity is like new after two years of use and abuse!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.