HILLTALK forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Scarpa SL Active Boots

Martin1978 on 26 Apr 2013
Hi all,

After a long and hard search for boots I finally tried a pair of Scarpa SL Actives today and was surprised to find that they fitted! Great news as they are one of only three boots that meet my spec on paper but I'd ruled them out as been narrow. Small amount of heel lift in the left boot, but my left foot is smaller and EVERY boot does this a bit. Nothing a bit of moleskin won't take out so expected.

Anyway, they are very expensive (major purchase for me), more expensive than my Meindls! So before finally spending my money I thought I'd double check that there are no known issues with them. Rather than reviews, I'd like a long-term user opinions on: durability, sole wear, eyelets (do the rollers seize up, looks possible?) all year-round use, waterproofness?

I will be using them for everything. Scrambling, backpacking, trekking, fell walking etc most of the year. (I have Nepals for when it's properly winter and trainers for the short hot summer days).

Not really after a recommendation for another boot as I have looked, if this one gets the thumbs up I'm happy spending the money. If not I'll go for the Meindl Borneo. As I say, tried them on, can buy them locally, just want that last bit of reassurance as it is a huge amount of money to me.

Many thanks, Martin
... not showing 20 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums