UKC

Czech winter gear

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 tcn_2002 06 May 2013
Raveltik currently have a pop-up sale on SportPursuit. Does anyone know anything about the brand and how their winter gear compares to what's usually available in the UK? Hard to find anything on the internet that isn't in Czech.
 jimtitt 06 May 2013
In reply to tcn_2002:
Raveltik has been around for a fair while now. They were bought by Lanex (the makers of Tendon ropes) last year and are incoporated with Singing Rock.
I know nothing about winter gear so can´t help you there!
 Graham 06 May 2013
In reply to jimtitt:
I have used some of their ice tools and have some friends with crampons of theirs. It's decent stuff, obviously their ice tools are not the top of the line tools, but they are decent, safe and get the job done.
 Simon80 06 May 2013
In reply to tcn_2002: Very good gear,they have been around for years and are very popular in eastern/central europe,have many friends using their winter tools,including for technical dry tooling and they're happy.
 Eddie1234 06 May 2013
In reply to tcn_2002: Looking on their website, it claims some of the gear is CE rated so presumably it should be ok, however on some items it doesn't mention it.
 JXM 06 May 2013
In reply to tcn_2002: I used to have a pair of Raveltik Demon Super Cup tools that I quite liked. I used them primarily for easy/moderate ice. IMO they had a swing similar to the Petzl Quarks (1st gen). I have also played with the Wizard Plus mountaineering axe and thought that it felt more like an agricultural tool.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...