Gear forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Calling Aiguille Alpine Cirrus users

IainMunro on 16 May 2013
I'm thinking of getting a Cirrus for my do everything bag. It's time my old beaten up Mountain Equipment rucksack which is now almost 12 years old took a backseat and came along camping rather than thrutching up icy chimneys. I replaced it with a POD Alpine 40 a couple of years ago which I didn't get along with and subsequently sold so I'm looking for something else.

I've heard only good things about Aiguille bags and in particular the Cirrus.

I'll probably be getting a couple of things modified rather than an off the peg bag so wondered if people who own one could help with a few queries I have?

Is the 33l capacity big enough to (comfortably) pack kit for a winter day in Scotland with rope and helmet in the bag? I don't want to be only just able to pack the bag at the start of the day and end up walking out with everything hanging off the outside after topping out in a hoolie. Is the Stratos going to be a better bet for Scottish winter?

For reference if people have any experience I found the POD 40l to be a perfect volume but I gather the Aiguille Alpine is a "big 33l" or probably more likely an "accurate 33l", maybe not far off size wise?

Does anyone have any other rucksacks that they have found to be comparable in size? Osprey, Deuter or Karrimor etc?

Is the webbing belt comfortable when carrying a fully packed rucksack or do most people get a padded hipbelt added?

Has anyone had an extra underlid pocket added? Is this feasible?

Any other words of advice/food for thought/god or bad experiences?

Thanks

Iain
... not showing 7 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums