UKC

Loch Lomond NP "...should be opened up to private sector"...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Douglas Griffin 23 Jun 2013
...the current Chief Exec. of the Loch Lomond & the Trossachs National Park is quoted as saying in an interview today's Sunday Herald.

Article:
http://tinyurl.com/kla3ygp

Comment by Andy Wightman:
http://tinyurl.com/knbavgh
PopShot 23 Jun 2013
In reply to Douglas Griffin: I agree. The private sector should run the national parks.
Squarf 23 Jun 2013
In reply to Douglas Griffin: They could hardly do worse than Salmonds lot
 coinneach 23 Jun 2013
In reply to Squarf:

What have "Salmond's Lot" done to National Parks that is so wrong?
PopShot 23 Jun 2013
In reply to Squarf:
> (In reply to Douglas Griffin) They could hardly do worse than Salmonds lot
>

Agreed. He's a dangerous extremist, and an anti-English and anti Anglo-Saxon racist idiot.
Jim C 23 Jun 2013

In reply to Douglas Griffin:
What a brilliant idea, and all those plans for tourist 'investment' mentioned should be built pronto a Disney park where my house currently is would be great, my little granddaughter would love it.

With all her private sector contacts, Ms Logan is ideally placed to sell the lot, and whilst she will maybe make herself a wee bit unpopular (with a few poor local people,) she can no doubt make herself and her business pals very rich.

Or am I being a tad cynical of her motives.
 skog 23 Jun 2013

Hmm. I'm mostly just glad that most of our best areas have not (yet) been afflicted with National Park status!
 jonny taylor 23 Jun 2013
"Elan Journo, fellow and policy director at the US-based Ayn Rand Institute" surely cannot be serious. I fear, though, that he is.
In reply to jonny taylor:

The Ayn Rand Institute is a Far Right US-based think-tank that claims to promote an Objectivist agenda. That's code for nasty white rich boys who've never done an honest day's work!
Removed User 23 Jun 2013

My blood started boiling about a third of the way down the article.

I really can't understand how someone who holds such views can also hold the post that she does. I hope this is her farewell message..and if it isn't someone in Government has the cahones to sack her.
 cuthill76 24 Jun 2013
In reply to PopShot:

"Agreed. He's a dangerous extremist, and an anti-English and anti Anglo-Saxon racist idiot."

I hope that is a tongue in cheek joke. If it is not that has to be one of the most ill informed disgusting comments I have ever read on UKC.
ccmm 24 Jun 2013
In reply to cuthill76: Popsh1t's got form. best not to feed the troll.
PopShot 24 Jun 2013
In reply to cuthill76:
> (In reply to PopShot)
>
> "Agreed. He's a dangerous extremist, and an anti-English and anti Anglo-Saxon racist idiot."
>
> I hope that is a tongue in cheek joke. If it is not that has to be one of the most ill informed disgusting comments I have ever read on UKC.
>

It's no joke. It's fact. He has even supported middle-eastern terrorists in the recent past. He's everything I said in my post and more. He is an anti-English and anti Anglo-Saxon racist. Nigel Farage thinks so too.
In reply to PopShot:
> (In reply to cuthill76)
> [...]
>
> Nigel Farage thinks so too.

Well that settles it.

"But she said around 95% of the park's annual income of nearly £8 million was from Scottish Government grants"

And 1% of that goes on her salary alone...
 Root1 03 Jul 2013
Camping on the east shore of Loch Lomond was stopped due to anti social behaviour. It was a favourite spot for camping out and having mega p-ss ups and littering was (and still is ) a serious problem. I've had some sleepless nights wild camping there due to the noise and bad behaviour.
Wild camping is still allowed between december and march I believe as its too cold for the yobs.
Glen Dessary has had similar problems and it was also the reason wild camping was stopped south of Braemar.
It's the selfish minority that spoil it for everyone.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...