Gear forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - 4 person / 4 season tent recommendations

maisie - on 25 Jun 2013
(Original series) Tadpole finally let me down at the weekend, in fairly unseasonal winds in Snowdonia (although to be fair, it was badly pitched). Loathe to get rid of it, but now the kids are here and getting older, I could do with something bigger, but fairly blast-proof.

Looking for 4-person / 4-season, up to 6-8kg, with a decent porch; single entrance preferred. Should be able to withstand proper wind and stay dry in the base without needing an expensive footprint (on which point, why not just sell the d*mn things with a souped-up base in the first place?). Obviously I don't have bottomless pockets, but if it's going to be the only family tent I ever have to buy, I don't mind shelling out. Liking the Hilleberg and Terra Nova stuff, but wondered if there's reasonable competition at a slightly lower price.

Opinions?
... not showing 8 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums