UKC

Street parking - Llanberis

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Glyno 27 Jun 2013
It's a long time since I've been into Llanberis and would be grateful if anyone could recommend a good place to park (free preferably).
Ideally it would be close to the bus terminus near the Mountain Railway so I can get the Sherpa bus to Pen y Pas.
Probably will be (this) Sunday.

Thanks
In reply to Glyno: Royal Victoria Hotel (Shhhh)
OP Glyno 27 Jun 2013
In reply to higherclimbingwales:
> (In reply to Glyno) Royal Victoria Hotel (Shhhh)

free? <taps nose>
 Banned User 77 27 Jun 2013
In reply to Glyno: Be careful with the Royal Vic.. its customers only.. and they do say they will fine now.

Up the back of llanberis if space. Just drive the roads, up goodman and see turner and them.
In reply to IainRUK: They cannot fine you for parking there, they can issue an invoice for lost revenue. That said, Iain has the best advice if you don't mind a bit of a stroll down the road!
OP Glyno 27 Jun 2013
In reply to Glyno:

thanks for the ideas chaps, but what about parking on Maes Padarn - the road that runs parallel to the A4086?

here:
http://goo.gl/maps/1eVo4

OP Glyno 27 Jun 2013
In reply to Glyno:

I can't link, but if you drag the little man into streetview you'll see what I mean
Paul Poole 27 Jun 2013
In reply to Glyno: A good place to park for free in the village is the lagoons area opposite Surflines, or the very top end of the highstreet past Petes Eats which is free.
Iain - parking is difficult for us residents at the best of times around Newton, Goodman, Turner and all the other small streets in the village.
 Banned User 77 27 Jun 2013
In reply to Paul Poole: I know.. I lived on Newton.. but plenty of people did.. same in Nant Peris.. I laugh because Llanberis residents moan about it.. then park on the road in Nant..
 MJ 27 Jun 2013
In reply to higherclimbingwales:

They cannot fine you for parking there, they can issue an invoice for lost revenue.

Legally you might be right, but morally you may well be wrong.
OP Glyno 27 Jun 2013
In reply to Glyno:

hey, let's not let this get into a heated debate about the rights or wrongs about flouting parking laws. I'm just looking for somewhere to park, legally, for free, and without inconveniencing the locals.
I just thought Maes Padarn looks a good spot?

Again, thanks for any advise.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...