UKC

Clearing Climbing Venues along the A55

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 v1brownie 30 Jun 2013
Hi All,
Working with volunteering groups clearing areas around Conwy & Denbighshire.
Started doing a few venues .
Cleared 4 large Greenwaste bags of bottles,cans and litter from Llandulas Caves the other day.
Drop me a line if somewhere needs a clean up.
 Sl@te Head 03 Jul 2013
In reply to v1brownie:

Can't believe that no one replied!

Well done to you and your team for volunteering.

I've seen litter at quite a few of the popular A55 crags.

If your volunteers want a really adventurous litter pick try the very bottom of Twll Mawr, loads there!
 Puppythedog 03 Jul 2013
In reply to v1brownie: Great job well done.
 rockcat 05 Jul 2013
In reply to v1brownie: Great job!
Penmaen Head is filthy due to people (apparently not climbers) throwing garbage over the wall from the parking area. This could definitely benefit from a clean up. Happy to assist in any way if you get in touch.

> Hi All,
> Working with volunteering groups clearing areas around Conwy & Denbighshire.
> Started doing a few venues .
> Cleared 4 large Greenwaste bags of bottles,cans and litter from Llandulas Caves the other day.
> Drop me a line if somewhere needs a clean up.

OP v1brownie 05 Jul 2013
In reply to rockcat:

No probs will head down in next week or so and sort a clearance .
Met with Countryside up at Mynedd Marian site ( castle Inn) and they appriciate it's not all climbers, however anything we can do to look good eh!!
OP v1brownie 16 Jul 2013

The Group of Young People I'm working with Cleared 1 green waste bag of litter from around Castle inn Yesterday i will inform KWT and Countryside of this too.
Climbed up there last night , we had the place to ourselves! , lovely night.

went to Penmaen Head also cleared 6 green waste bags from there!! and still more to come out, obvious fly tip area. I have contacted Tidy Town's and we are going to have a few more hits on area, especially cutting greenwaste along the path and collecting mix wasted tipped there.

will let you know how we get on.

Cheers
tototv 16 Jul 2013
In reply to v1brownie:

Was at castle slab last week and was gutted to see so much rubbish (remains of a BBQ/Party). Will be there tommorrow so will have a bin bag handy : )

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...