/ Clearing Climbing Venues along the A55

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
v1brownie - on 30 Jun 2013
Hi All,
Working with volunteering groups clearing areas around Conwy & Denbighshire.
Started doing a few venues .
Cleared 4 large Greenwaste bags of bottles,cans and litter from Llandulas Caves the other day.
Drop me a line if somewhere needs a clean up.
ian Ll-J - on 03 Jul 2013
In reply to v1brownie:

Can't believe that no one replied!

Well done to you and your team for volunteering.

I've seen litter at quite a few of the popular A55 crags.

If your volunteers want a really adventurous litter pick try the very bottom of Twll Mawr, loads there!
puppythedog on 03 Jul 2013
In reply to v1brownie: Great job well done.
rockcat - on 05 Jul 2013
In reply to v1brownie: Great job!
Penmaen Head is filthy due to people (apparently not climbers) throwing garbage over the wall from the parking area. This could definitely benefit from a clean up. Happy to assist in any way if you get in touch.

> Hi All,
> Working with volunteering groups clearing areas around Conwy & Denbighshire.
> Started doing a few venues .
> Cleared 4 large Greenwaste bags of bottles,cans and litter from Llandulas Caves the other day.
> Drop me a line if somewhere needs a clean up.

v1brownie - on 05 Jul 2013
In reply to rockcat:

No probs will head down in next week or so and sort a clearance .
Met with Countryside up at Mynedd Marian site ( castle Inn) and they appriciate it's not all climbers, however anything we can do to look good eh!!
v1brownie - on 16 Jul 2013

The Group of Young People I'm working with Cleared 1 green waste bag of litter from around Castle inn Yesterday i will inform KWT and Countryside of this too.
Climbed up there last night , we had the place to ourselves! , lovely night.

went to Penmaen Head also cleared 6 green waste bags from there!! and still more to come out, obvious fly tip area. I have contacted Tidy Town's and we are going to have a few more hits on area, especially cutting greenwaste along the path and collecting mix wasted tipped there.

will let you know how we get on.

Cheers
ads.ukclimbing.com
tototv - on 16 Jul 2013
In reply to v1brownie:

Was at castle slab last week and was gutted to see so much rubbish (remains of a BBQ/Party). Will be there tommorrow so will have a bin bag handy : )

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.