Biking forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - trek warranty

Brento - on 01 Jul 2013
So the other day I cracked my frame, a 2001 trek. Knowing that trek have a lifetime warranty on their frames I wasn't too worried, and I was right about a week later the local bike shop was sent a new replacement frame great I thought even better they sent me the 2010 frame. However as they started to swap the components over it's becoming clear that that a lot of it won't fit and I'm looking at a couple of hundred pounds of new bits to buy, now the bike shop are saying that I'm still getting a new bike for next to nothing, but I was quite happy with my old bike, I gave up racing a long time ago and for what I do now I don't need anything more. I'm not sure what the solution is, I don't really expect trek to give me complete new bike but I don't want to be replacing perfectly good components simply because they don't fit. Any suggestions?
... not showing 6 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums