Starting Out forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Why is it.....

fionafluffy - on 06 Jul 2013
...that when you say you are only confident enough to do a dif or v dif, the person who has agreed to tae you climbing delivers the punchline "but we'll do a VS..."

This is happened so many times in the past year I have given up asking people if they wouldn't mind taking me up an easy climb to get back my climbing confidence. Although they say "yes", what they actually mean is "No. But if you're up for a VS then we might be able to talk"...

It's not like I have never climbed before and don't know the grades. I just haven't climbed more than once or twice a year in the last four or five years and I'm just not confident (and I have made this clear in the conversation). I like to crawl, then walk, then run. When I say a dif I mean a dif, not a VS.

Fortunately, I now know a woman who understands that dif means dif - or maybe even a moderate... She is just learning to lead and like me she wants to crawl, then walk, then run. I appreciate this gentle learning curve isn't for everybody and that's fine, but PLEASE don't say "yes" to difs and mean "No, nothing easier than a VS".

Anybody got any insights as to why this might happen so frequently?
... not showing 61 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums