UKC

Sore feet

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 blurty 07 Jul 2013
Just finished the cheshire cat, and my feet ached like a b*stard for about 3/4 of the course

I've cracked; where can I buy moulded insoles for cycling shoes? (Or do i just go to a skiing shop?)
interdit 07 Jul 2013
In reply to blurty:

In what way did they ache? ie. Which part of the foot?
Do you have good stiff cycling shoes?
How did you position the cleats?
What socks are you wearing.
OP blurty 08 Jul 2013
In reply to interdit:

Foot ache: Between the ball of the foot, and the little toe, pretty much in the middle, directly over the middle of the cleat.

Yep, good shoes, SIDIs, 8 years old

No cleat trouble

Alpkit MTB socks

It must have been the heat, some of the others in the club complained of the same problem. I still want to try molded insoles though:- any suggestions where I could get this done in the Midlands?
interdit 08 Jul 2013
In reply to blurty:
> (In reply to interdit)
>
> Foot ache: Between the ball of the foot, and the little toe, pretty much in the middle, directly over the middle of the cleat.

Often caused by the cleat being slightly too far forward.
But I doubt this in your case because of what you wrote next (unless you've moved / replaced the cleats recently)...

> Yep, good shoes, SIDIs, 8 years old

8 years old - If you've used them quite a bit then the insole could well be degraded and you may benefit from a replacement.

> It must have been the heat, some of the others in the club complained of the same problem.

No idea then!

> I still want to try molded insoles though:- any suggestions where I could get this done in the Midlands?

Slush and Rubble -
http://www.snowandrock.com/store-birmingham/content/fcp-content

Please note: If you require a boot fitting please contact the store to make sure a boot fitter will be available so you don't have a wasted journey.

Services
Ski/Snowboard Mounting
Boot Fitting + Repairs
Hipbelt Moulding
Footbed Moulding
OP blurty 08 Jul 2013
In reply to interdit: thanks

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...