UKC

AMA Dablam

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Rick Asher 12 Jul 2013
Hi, I've got 4 weeks free and fancy going to the himalaya for the first time. I've always fancied the idea of climbing A.D. and I'm looking for advice e.g. Is it overcrowded? Recommend any guiding companies? etc
 Andy Nisbet 12 Jul 2013
In reply to Rick Asher:

Sandy Allan is guiding it in the autumn and I believe has spaces. Google Team Ascent.
 radson 12 Jul 2013
 CliffPowys 13 Jul 2013
In reply to Rick Asher:

Yes, it is crowded and "camp poo" is real, although seemingly better than it used to be.

I went with SummitClimb and found them excellent. They have quite a high success rate. See:

http://www.summitclimb.com/new/default.asp?vid=14

Even if you do not use them, their website is informative.

The Dablam has been active in recent years and has shed some ice avalanches. I do not recommend companies that spend the night at camp 3.

Good luck!
 dti 18 Jul 2013
Out of interest, for those of you who have been what sleeping bag did you use (and was it a sensible choice?)

Tom Briggs 18 Jul 2013
In reply to CliffPowys:

> The Dablam has been active in recent years and has shed some ice avalanches. I do not recommend companies that spend the night at camp 3.

I doubt anyone camps in the old camp 3 anymore? You camp off the right side of the ridge out of the fall line of the dablam. Summiting from C2 is a big day.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...