HILLTALK forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Walkers Haute Route finish: Europaweg options ?

timday - on 23 Jul 2013
We're planning a trip on the Cham-Zermatt "Walker's Haute Route" end of August. Not too sure what the best route for the final St.Niklaus-Zermatt stretch is though. We have two days left for that bit and my original assumption was we'd spend them doing the Europaweg over 2 days with a stop at the Europahutte, but since 2011 it seems the path may have been significantly diverted due to rockfalls (the kind of diversions that lead to massive descents and reascents maybe, but it's hard to find any concrete information).

Any opinions on whether it's still a sensible option, or any up-to-date information on the state of the path would be appreciated.

I'd really like to somehow arrive in Zermatt from a high path rather than just up the valley via Randa and Tasch if possible. Are there ways to gain the Europaweg which miss the troublesome bits without feeling like just going up only to come down again?

Thanks for any info
Tim
... not showing 6 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums