UKC

Refuge d'Argentiere

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 JimboWizbo 24 Jul 2013
I've just had an absolute nightmare trying to book this hut over the phone for early August.

In your experience, is it necessary to have a booking for this particular hut? (i.e. is it very popular at this time)

Thanks

Jim
 MaranaF 24 Jul 2013
In reply to JimboWizbo: Have you tried this number 06 22 04 25 00 ? and can you speak French ?

What is the actual problem? is it that they don't reply to emails? don't pick up the phone?

Not sure what part of August you are trying to book but are you aware of the TMB Ultra Marathon (Ultra-Trail du Mont-Blanc) happen towards end of August.
OP JimboWizbo 24 Jul 2013
In reply to DemolitionRed:
Thanks

The number I used was 0450531692, I can't speak French but we eventually managed to arrange a booking for Thursday 8th August, she ended the call with "See you tomorrow!"

Since that point I've got a French-speaking housemate to step in, have tried to ring them back but they aren't picking up, we'll try again soon.

The number you suggested - where does that get me through to?
 jon 24 Jul 2013
In reply to DemolitionRed:

> are you aware of the TMB Ultra Marathon (Ultra-Trail du Mont-Blanc) happen towards end of August.

But that doesn't go anywhere near the Argentière hut.
 MaranaF 24 Jul 2013

Jimbo, that number should get you through to bookings.
 walts4 24 Jul 2013
In reply to JimboWizbo:

Its a busy hut.

Was up there last Sat (good weather) fully booked, 70 beds!

By the way, the guardian's a sweetie, very helpful.
In reply to walts4: Thanks, we'll try to ring up to correct the booking because I don't want to take up reservations.

I'm new to hut etiquette, is ringing at 9-10pm a bad idea?
 walts4 24 Jul 2013
In reply to JimboWizbo:

Best time i think would be in the morning, maybe 11.00ish but may be corrected on this.
I normally bivi so no claim to be an authority on this subject.

Good luck.
In reply to walts4: Probably right, they aren't picking up at the moment
OP JimboWizbo 25 Jul 2013
In reply to JimboWizbo: We got through eventually, the woman insisted on us rebooking for early August, guess they must be busy!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...