Local Areas forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Crag Lough Restoration (Round 2)

The Mole - on 25 Jul 2013
Following on from last year’s successful mass gardening effort a continuation of the restoration of Crag Lough will take place this year on 7th September.

Spread the word, tell your friends, mention it to folk you meet at the crag!

The National Trust (land owner) are again fully onboard and supportive of this year’s event.
Given the success of last year’s format we plan to follow more or less the same formula of cleaning routes on the Saturday and climbing on the Sunday. There will be a BBQ at Winshields Farm Campsite on the Saturday evening followed by beers in the Twice Brewed Inn. Except that with luck, the weather will be better on the Sunday this time!

A lot of routes were cleaned up last year and as anyone who has been back this summer will know the difference is remarkable. Routes that were previously only of interest to botanists such as Left Organ Pipe (HVS), Why Not (VS) and Jezebel (D) are once again some of the best low to mid grade routes in the County. However some of the vegetation was pretty stubborn and took a lot longer to remove than was anticipated. It was felt by everyone there that there was plenty more that could be done.

The next NE area BMC meeting will be held on Thursday 29 August 2013, starting at 7.30pm, at the Durham Climbing Centre, any final details will be sorted then.

If you are interested in volunteering or have any questions please contact me directly.

Cheers

Mark Anstiss
... not showing 14 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums