UKC

Point Lachenal Traverse

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 chris gooder 02 Aug 2013
Did this route yesterday and beware the final chimney pitch has two very large unstable blocks. These are situated above and to the right of the large leaning flake . There is an alternative way which goes to the right from the bottom of the buttress up and around the arĂȘte. Good luck.
 planetmarshall 02 Aug 2013
In reply to chris gooder: I noticed this when I did the route on a particularly hot day last week, and informed the OHM. Hopefully no one gets caught out.

Andrew.
 Ron Walker 03 Aug 2013
In reply to chris gooder:
We saw a some really bad rockfall yesterday at around 2.00pm as we were passing by heading for the Midi! Several large block seemed to come from the ridge near the Lanchenal traverse chimney. We were surprised how bad it was so hopefully noone was hurt.
Cheers Ron
 alooker 08 Aug 2013
In reply to chris gooder: did this back in late july and it was very loose, big blocks the entire way up. If you're going to do this make sure you're careful. There is a bit of tat on the chimney side of the snow arete, looked a bit dodgey to me though, seems like it's just around a pretty small block. Snow bollards might be the way to go if you retreat before the chimney pitch.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...