UKC

Recommend waterproof jacket to fit Edelrid Ultralight helmet

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 jjax 05 Aug 2013
I've been searching for a womens waterproof jacket for use over my climbing helmet. The "helmet compatible" ones I have tried so far, don't fit properly over my Edelrid egghead helmet. Its very frustrating to find a jacket that fits perfectly, then when I put the helmet on the hood pulls the shoulders up off my body so that when the zip is fully closed it is too far up on my face, and feels like its slowly suffocating me.

I've tried other helmet designs but none actually fit the shape of my head, so thats not an option.

Do any of you Edelrid owners have a suggestion of what jackets I could try.

cheers

Jax
 Skyfall 05 Aug 2013
In reply to jjax:

I have one and assumed it's way too high to get a waterproof to fit neatly over it. I'll be interested to hear any suggestions...
 gear boy 05 Aug 2013
In reply to jjax: The only thing I can suggest would be the "british" brands of Mountain equipment, Montane and Rab, all will be releasing new jackets in about a months time, you will need to look at the top end models though, eVent and Gore-Tex.
cant suggest a specific one as they are not out yet!

HTH
 iksander 05 Aug 2013
In reply to jjax: Could struggle if you also have a relatively long neck and big head for your body size. Patagonia have been the best I have found (in men's at least)
 ripper 05 Aug 2013
In reply to iksander:
> (In reply to jjax) Could struggle if you also have a relatively long neck and big head for your body size. Patagonia have been the best I have found (in men's at least)

I have both and find the recent Berghaus shells (the Extrem range, Asgard, Vellum etc) to have a pretty huge hood. again, that's in men's
OP jjax 07 Aug 2013
In reply to ripper:

Thanks for the suggestions. I did try Berghaus and didnt fit the helmet properly but I'll try the other ones too. Think I may need to try loads of shops. Have seen a few deals online but reluctant to order without trying on.

cheers

OP jjax 07 Aug 2013
In reply to iksander:
> (In reply to jjax) Could struggle if you also have a relatively long neck and big head for your body size. Patagonia have been the best I have found (in men's at least)

Nah, I've got a very narrow head, was considering childrens helmets a few years ago!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...