UKC

Dear DMM could you make

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Aigen 05 Aug 2013
Dear DMM could you produce a wire/nut racking biner. Super light weight, large enough to hold 10 wires and a clean nose.

If you want to come up with a new idea then a gate that can open from the nose side (like normal) and the tail side, so you dont have to spin the biner around after you place a nut.
 climber david 05 Aug 2013
In reply to Aigen:
> If you want to come up with a new idea then a gate that can open from the nose side (like normal) and the tail side, so you dont have to spin the biner around after you place a nut.

I think something like this was revealled at the outdoor roadshow this year. There was something in the UKC hardware report.
 Fraser 05 Aug 2013
In reply to Aigen:

> If you want to come up with a new idea then a gate that can open from the nose side (like normal) and the tail side, so you dont have to spin the biner around after you place a nut.

Must admit, that's not super high on my wish-list, it's not that much of a hardship!

Mr Fuller 05 Aug 2013
In reply to mattrm: Yes, I'd like them to make some just like that but with a wire gate. They'd be nicer than the BD ones I'm currently using.
 dr_botnik 05 Aug 2013
In reply to mattrm: I dunno, its a bit of personal taste, I find when using an oval for racking its harder to tell which way round the krab it when trying to unclip a placed wire, not having to fiddle about when getting pumped high above your last piece and needing to get clipped... Conversely, my mates hate my standard krabs coz the wires get caught and bunched and they find it difficult to unclip, guess its down to personal preference.
OP Aigen 05 Aug 2013
In reply to mattrm: That is 61g, plus if it was thought out a bit by professional designers it might accomadate more wires. I know there are other problems in the world to solve.
 Rick Graham 05 Aug 2013
In reply to Aigen:

DMM used to make an equal D krab, still using them for wire racking.

It is annoyingly hard to tell with end opens, time to buy some nail paint perhaps.
 Phil West 05 Aug 2013
In reply to Aigen:

I know it's all down to personal preference but the best racking krab for wires for me is the Stubai Easyclip. It's not got a wire gate, but the gate has the notch, not the nose, so wires never get hung up. I've never dropped a wire in 20 years of using them. I used someone else's wires recently and dropped a couple just up pitch two because they got hung in the gate.

There's some on an auction site at the moment as part of a quickdraw. I'd buy 'em up and bin the tapes and other krabs just for the Easyclips. Awesome.
 Flashy 05 Aug 2013
In reply to Phil West: I always thought wiregates were a pain for racking nuts as the gates fall open under the weight of the nuts too easily. Seen a lot of wires lost and lost a few myself. Now the only solid gates I possess are for racking wires.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...