HILLTALK forum

View latest messages in My Forums
This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Topic - Lightweight exped food for a week

girlymonkey - on 06 Aug 2013
Ok, looking for ideas please. I'm taking a small group on a week long remote walk in the Rannoch moor area. We will pass Loch Ossian one night, so can get dinner there, but other than that I need to come up with 6 days worth of supper lightweight food for us to carry. Personally, I don't use many calories, my body just doesn't burn them at any sensible rate, so for starters I am pretty rubbish at knowing how much normal people need to eat. Then it's a case of trying to get some variety. I normally take freezer bags with a mix of couscous, cuppa soup and chopped up pepperamis or chorizo through it for dinners. Breakfast is often a pepperami and some porridge (not together!), and some oatcakes for lunch, and maybe a few squares of chocolate for snacking on. So, for a couple of days that is fine, but what else do you take that is superlight and nutritious? It's hard to judge quantities over a week too! Thanks in advance for your ideas.
... not showing 31 replies to this topic ...
Register as a New User or login to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and completely free.
If you are definitely logged on, press Ctrl+F5 keys to reload this page [read more]

Unregistered users can only read messages in the most recent topics.
ads.ukclimbing.com

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

My Forums