UKC

Ride 100 petition

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 nniff 16 Aug 2013
There is a petition afoot to apply pressure on Surrey County Council not to hold any more Ride 100 events. This is an anti-petition to oppose any ban that might be under consideration.

The original petition is full of anti-cyclist twaddle, including our insistence on 'practicing' on open roads.

http://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/surrey-county-council-interact-and-gi...

Grateful for signatures and wider distribution. PS I live in the 'affected' area, but I do ride a bike

Registrations for next year are already over 50,000
 sleavesley 16 Aug 2013
In reply to nniff: I like the irony that in his profile picture he is stood next to a convertible Lamborghini!

Signed.
 LastBoyScout 16 Aug 2013
In reply to nniff:

I can't take the original thread seriously at all - I might have done if he'd stuck to the point about 1 single event.

Interestingly, the comments included one from a "Chris Hoy of Edinburgh"!
In reply to nniff:

The amount of people who make reference to 'road tax' in the comments of the original petition is pretty alarming. I thought it was becoming less common for motorists to use this false argument, but evidently not.

I couldn't help but laugh when I read, in amongst the tripe he has written in his petition, "the poor old motorist". Yes, 'the poor old motorist'...nothing ever goes their way does it, the poor souls. Bless.
 PanzerHanzler 17 Aug 2013
In reply to nniff:

Some of the tripe being peddled but the anti-cycling nimby mob is both amusing and worrying at the same.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...