UKC

Kazbek

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Arbu 17 Aug 2013
I'm looking at a quick trip up Kazbek in Georgia next month. Arriving Tbilisi early morning on 8th Sep, need to be back there by evening of 13th. Given that it's a three hour minibus ride between Tbilisi and Kazbegi that should give me four days, plus two half days, on the mountain. Is that realistic? If I just pitch up in Kazbegi will I be able to find people to climb with do you think? Also can I get fuel in Tbilisi or Kazbegi? I should already have some acclimatisation. Thanks for any help.
 adnix 20 Aug 2013
In reply to Arbu:

There are many guides available so it's very much possible if get good weather and if you can tolerate the altitude sickness. You'll probably be out of breath so I don't know if it's much fun.
OP Arbu 20 Aug 2013
In reply to adnix: OK, thanks, I'll ask around in Kazbegi. Any idea on costs for guides? I don't suppose there'll be an ATM in Kazbegi so I'll need to make sure I have enough cash on me.

I'm thinking of a few days in the Javakheti Plateau beforehand, may get up to 3000m, so that should help with acclimatisation.
 adnix 20 Aug 2013
In reply to Arbu:

You can book a guide through Internet. We were in Mestia couple of weeks ago and we met Idris Khergiani there. He speaks good English and he's done Kasbegh over 50 times.

I don't know about prices but I suppose you can Google them or email him directly at idris7@rambler.ru.
OP Arbu 21 Aug 2013
Thanks, I've sent off a few emails, including to Idris.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...