UKC

Slick tyres for MTB

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
I have 26"x2.35 tyres on my bike, will any slicks fit my 26" rims or does width still matter??

Thanks

Stuart
 Bob Hughes 20 Aug 2013
In reply to Stuart the postie:
depends on the width of your rims but I think about 1 inch is usually the lowest you can go on mountain bike rims.
 Mike Stretford 20 Aug 2013
In reply to Stuart the postie: I've fitted a 1.25" slick onto rims that had 2.35 tyres on. Best read the reviews of the tyres you fancy.
 chris fox 20 Aug 2013

I've a cannondale badboy which has 26" x 700c rims and slicks, but the rims are thinner than on a normal mtb

Chris
 Bob Hughes 20 Aug 2013
In reply to chris fox:
> (In reply to Stuart the postie)
>
> I've a cannondale badboy which has 26" x 700c rims and slicks, but the rims are thinner than on a normal mtb
>
> Chris

700c a measurement of diameter and is the French way of saying 29inches so it's unlikely that you have 29inch by 700c rims.
 malk 20 Aug 2013
In reply to Bob Hughes: 700c=28"
 gear boy 20 Aug 2013
In reply to Stuart the postie: yup pretty much, depends what you want them for, fat and more comfortable or as skinny and racey as poss, you should be able to fit 1" quite easily
 Bob Hughes 20 Aug 2013
In reply to malk:
> (In reply to Bob Hughes) 700c=28"

gah...
 Siward 20 Aug 2013
In reply to gear boy: something like 1.5 inch Rubino pros would suit perhaps:
http://www.wiggle.co.uk/vittoria-rubino-pro-slick-mtb-tyre/

FrankBooth 21 Aug 2013
I bought a pair of Schwalbe City Jet 26 x 1.5 on Ebay for £20 (a pair) and they fitted my Specialized Hardrock just fine (more fiddly to get on though).
 chris fox 21 Aug 2013
In reply to Bob Hughes:

Ah ok, those damn french always making things more complicated !!!!
Removed User 21 Aug 2013
Schwalbe Big Apple 2.6x2.35 A burley slick tire. I have a pair that I only used a couple times getting to work until the bike I was using them with was stolen. They worked well especially on bumpy roads. I'm going to sell them them if you're interested. I'm in Dorset.
 rallymania 21 Aug 2013
as already said

best no thinner that your rims.

and worth remembering you can't go crashing into things with the same reckless abandon you can on your current tyres

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...