UKC

Pre requesits for MIA

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 chris murnin 29 Aug 2013
could you log a long day leading a group onto kinder as part of the MIA pre reqs? there is steep ground work and Nav involved. Interested to hear peoples thoughts.
In reply to chris murnin: have you got your ML summer? If so then it would count towards your group work with ML pre requisite, yes.
 jezb1 29 Aug 2013
In reply to chris murnin: as long as the majority are more mountain based I don't see a problem with that.
OP chris murnin 30 Aug 2013
In reply to chris murnin: Currently summer ml, so trying to log days in the UK, rather than foreign exped days. Based in the midlands so getting away is tricky. Any ideas how to boost days without taking a month off work?
 isi_o 30 Aug 2013
In reply to chris murnin:
Take inexperienced mates out on the hill, split fuel costs to North Wales or the Lakes for a weekend?
In reply to chris murnin: As far as I understand (going through the same motions myself) you have to have logged 20 QMDs in sole charge of a group post ML assessment. So, the only way to gain that experience is to either do some freelance days or offer to take willing people out in the mountains.

Keep logging everything else you do too as it's all relevant.
OP chris murnin 01 Sep 2013
In reply to chris murnin: cheers for the input folks.
 Carolyn 01 Sep 2013
In reply to higherclimbingwales:
> (In reply to chris murnin) As far as I understand (going through the same motions myself) you have to have logged 20 QMDs in sole charge of a group post ML assessment. So, the only way to gain that experience is to either do some freelance days or offer to take willing people out in the mountains.

Yup. Should be possible to pick up some paid freelance days as a summer ML if you hunt around (admittedly might well be harder if you're not based near mountains) - or try talking to a local scout group, etc, if you're willing to do it as a volunteer but struggling to find people to take out.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...