UKC

Broke my elbow on the way home yesterday!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 AndyC 10 Sep 2013
After 5 years commuting in traffic without a scratch, I was finally taken out at 35 kph by another cyclist yesterday. Broken elbow, cracked ribs and a couple of big grazes. Looking at the dents in my helmet it could have been much worse.

Interestingly, the bike and I parted company instantly despite being clipped in - I landed several meters further down the road.

It hurts!
Rigid Raider 10 Sep 2013
In reply to AndyC:

Bad luck! It could have been worse - a friend of mine was killed mountain biking in Cumbria on Sunday.
OP AndyC 10 Sep 2013
In reply to Rigid Raider:

Sorry to hear that. Puts my problems into perspective.
 cat88 25 Sep 2013
In reply to AndyC: I know how you feel, I got taken out by a car at similar speed a few weeks ago, broken jaw, broken collarbone, broken teeth, broken bike
 jules699 25 Sep 2013
In reply to AndyC: Bad luck - hope you get better soon.
In reply to AndyC: Effin cyclists - you must hate 'em!
 FreshSlate 26 Sep 2013
In reply to AndyC:
> After 5 years commuting in traffic without a scratch, I was finally taken out at 35 kph by another cyclist yesterday. Broken elbow, cracked ribs and a couple of big grazes. Looking at the dents in my helmet it could have been much worse.
>
> Interestingly, the bike and I parted company instantly despite being clipped in - I landed several meters further down the road.
>
> It hurts!

Ouch, only had grazes me. Sounds terrible. Bike okay?
OP AndyC 26 Sep 2013
In reply to FreshSlate:
> (In reply to AndyC)
> [...]
>
> Ouch, only had grazes me. Sounds terrible. Bike okay?

Have not been able to test it yet, but apart from some scratches it appears to have come through ok. I only clipped the guy who pulled out in front of me but at the speed I was going it was enough to throw me off.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...